Our specialized team of insurance coverage attorney advise and represent insurers, self-insureds, and third-party administrators regarding a variety of coverage matters including:
- Defense obligations
- Indemnification obligations
- Contractual claims (i.e. claims for express indemnity)
- Extra contractual claims (i.e. statutory claims for bad faith and improper claim handling practices)
- Responding to tenders of defense
- Primary/excess insurance issues
- Uninsured, underinsured, and excess exposures
- Equitable remedies (i.e. rescission and reformation of insurance policies)
Our coverage defense practice includes first-party, third-party, as well as subrogation claims. We will conduct a comprehensive investigation into each claim to find if the policyholder was in good standing, if the insured provided adequate proof of loss to determine the validity of the claim, if the policyholder provided timely notice, and if the insured took steps to mitigate damages.
Whether seeking a declaratory judgment that coverage does or does not apply or litigating the claim under a reservation of rights, we’ll provide insightful and steadfast representation based on our knowledge of the law and years of experience. We provide strategic advice and representation at every stage of a coverage dispute, from the investigation and examinations under oath to trials and appeals.