Rana D. Lange has established a successful career focusing on the defense of liability lawsuits on behalf of insurance companies, self-insured corporations, and businesses. Rana’s practice includes a variety of civil litigation including automobile liability, Michigan No-Fault both first- and third-party, general liability, construction defects, as well as professional liability such as errors and omissions.
Rana is an experienced litigator, and represents clients in complex cases in state, federal and appellate courts. Rana also has extensive experience representing clients in a variety of real estate matters and has represented real estate agents, brokers, and property managers. She is also an asset to her clients when it comes to evaluating financial conditions associated with complex bankruptcy laws.
Named “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers three years in a row, from 2012-2014, Rana was also named 2014 Top Women Lawyers by Super Lawyers.
Rana is a fervent advocate for the organizations and individuals she represents and is dedicated to making their interests her number one priority. She takes a team approach to litigation matters, ensuring that her clients are fully engaged throughout the process.
- “Allyship: Creating a Culture of Comfort and Support,” CLM Annual (2023)
- “Legal Malpractice Overview,” client presentation (2022)
- “Motion to Strike” published in the Michigan Rules of Court: Key Rules, Volume IIA-Federal 2013
Rana obtained numerous favorable decisions, which were published in the State of Michigan appellate courts, federal courts, and federal appellate courts.
- Franklyn v. Fannie Mae, 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 718 (Jan. 6, 2015)
- Leduc v. Bank of N.Y. Mellon Trust Co., N.A., 2015 Mich App. LEXIS 2433, No. 322974 (Dec. 22, 2015)
- Farrell v. US Bank, N.A., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 75578 (May 14, 2014)
- Brisson v. Fed. Home Loan Mortg. Corp., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 164544 (Aug 21, 2013)
- Cadez v. Residential Credit Solutions, Inc., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 71601 (May 21, 2013)
- Cloos v. One West Bank, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 63472 (May 3, 2013)
- Jackson v. Fannie Mae, 2012 Mich. App. LEXIS 304, No. 301307 (Feb. 21, 2012)
- Montgomery v. Freddie Mac, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 173240 (Aug 31, 2012)
- Montgomery v. CitiMortgage, Inc., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 172211 (Dec. 5, 2012)
- Payton v. Trott & Trott, P.C., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 155846 (June 28, 2011)
- Knox v. Trott & Trott, P.C., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 43311 (April 21, 2011)
- Golliday v. Chase Home Fin., LLC, 761 F. Supp. 2d 629 (Dec. 2, 2010)
- Bakabas v. JP Morgan Chase Bank, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 58273 (July 9, 2009)