Orfej P. Najdeski has extensive experience representing clients in a variety of civil litigation matters in both state and federal courts. His practice is focused on the defense of persons and entities in cases involving negligence, wrongful death, transportation, premises liability, professional liability, construction accident liability, and product liability. Orfej represents insurance companies in insurance coverage matters, declaratory judgement actions, and bad faith litigation.
Expanding the breadth of his experience, Orfej regularly represents property owners, contractors, land surveyors, construction companies, and construction equipment leasing companies in lawsuits involving construction defects, breach of contract, and construction accidents.
Throughout the past several years, Orfej has represented a multi-state company that leases equipment for construction projects, such as aerial lifts. Additionally, Orfej completed training for the safe use and operation of Boom-Supported Elevating Work Platforms and Self-Propelled Elevating Work Platforms and became certified in Aerial Work Platform Safety.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) – Director of Membership for the Indiana CLM Chapter
- In a recent jury trial, the plaintiff filed a Complaint alleging Orfej’s client had negligently maintained and operated an entryway on the premises. The plaintiff claimed to have sustained bodily injuries due to being struck by a motor vehicle while she was standing within the entryway taking parking tickets. At trial, the plaintiff asked the jury to return a verdict near $750,000 plus an additional amount for pain/suffering. Following deliberation, the jury returned a verdict in the amount of only $60,000.
- In a recent jury trial, Orfej represented an insurer in a lawsuit that arose out of a multi-vehicle accident. The plaintiff, a passenger in one of the vehicles involved in the accident, sued one of the other drivers for negligence and our insurer for underinsured motorist benefits. The plaintiff asked the jury to return a verdict nearing $100,000. Following deliberation, the jury returned a defense verdict in favor of the other driver and our client.
- Wabash County Young Men’s Christian Association, Inc. v. Thompson, 975 N.E.2d 362 (Ind. Ct. App. 2012).