Kristin M. Lomond is an experienced litigator, having represented both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts in matters involving appeals, nursing home defense, insurance coverage disputes, as well as bad faith claims. Additionally, she has experience in product liability, personal injury, warranty claims, premises liability, medical malpractice and general insurance defense, and drug and medical device litigation to include the national and statewide “phen-fen” litigation, estate planning and probate litigation, and transactional and small business matters.
Additionally, Kristin wrote amicus curiae briefs for the U.S. Supreme Court representing several long-term care industry members, in the cases of Kindred Nursing Centers Ltd. Ptshp. v. Clark, Case 16- 32; Pisano v. Extendicare Homes, Inc., Case 13-1423; and GGNSC Gettysburg LP v. Evonne K. Wert, Case 15-820.
Kristin is a former senior law clerk to the Kentucky Supreme Court for Supreme Court Justice, the Honorable Martin E. Johnstone (retired). She also served as his staff attorney during Justice Johnstone’s tenure on the Kentucky Court of Appeals, and as his law clerk during Justice Johnstone’s tenure with the Jefferson Circuit Court.
Prior to her legal career, Kristin worked as an Industrial Security Specialist for the Department of Defense, Investigative Service in Cincinnati, Ohio. There she inspected and educated government contractors in physical, personnel and electronic security, to include the proper handling of government-classified information for various defense department agencies.
Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Kristin is also admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts of the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky. She is an active member of the Louisville and Kentucky Bar Associations, as well as a former officer and member of the Women Lawyers’ Association of Jefferson County, and a former member of the Louis D. Brandeis American Inn of Court at Louisville.
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Allstate Prop. & Cas. v. Kleinfeld, 2018 Ky. LEXIS 586 (Ky. Feb. 14, 2019) -Kentucky Supreme Court, To Be Published
- Grange Prop. & Cas. Ins. Co. v. Chappell, 2019 Ky. App. Unpub. LEXIS 103 (Ky. App. Feb. 15, 2019) – Kentucky Court of Appeals, Not To Be Published
- Preferred Care of Del., Inc. v. Konicov, 2016 US App Lexis 23745 6th (Cir. 2016)
- Wood v. Wyeth-Ayerst Labs, 82 S.W. 3rd 849 (Ky. 2002)
- Great Am. Assur. Co. v. Am. Cas. of Reading, PA 511 Fed. Appx. 431 (6th Cir. 2013)
- Great Am. Assur. Co. v. Am. Cas. of Reading, PA 2011 WL 4688637 (E.D. Ky. Oct. 4, 2011)
- Kindred Nursing Centers Limited Partnership v. Wellner, 533 S.W.3d 189 | 2017 WL 5897326 (November 22, 2017)
- Preferred Care Partners Management Group, L.P. v. Alexander, 530 S.W.3d 919 | 2017 WL 4182973 (September 22, 2017)
- GGNSC Louisville Mt. Holly, LLC v. Mohamed-Vall, 690 Fed.Appx. 354 | 2017 WL 2399461 (June 02, 2017)
- Preferred Care of Delaware, Inc. v. Crocker, Not Reported in F.3d | 2017 WL 3223003 (6th February 28, 2017)
- Brandenburg Health Facilities v. Mattingly, 677 Fed.Appx. 298 | 2017 WL 729729 (6th February 24, 2017)
- Preferred Care of Delaware, Inc. v. Estate of Hopkins by and through Hopkins, 845 F.3d 765 | 2017 WL 104830 (6th January 11, 2017)
- Kindred Healthcare, Inc. v. Cherolis, Not Reported in S.W.3d | 2016 WL 6134910 (October 21, 2016)
- Shobe v. GGNSC Louisville Mt. Holly, LLC, Not Reported in S.W.3d | 2016 WL 3035660 (May 20, 2016)
- Paducah Health Facilities L.P. v. Newberry, Not Reported in S.W.3d | 2015 WL 6780406 (November 06, 2015)
- Extendicare Homes, Inc. v. Whisman, 478 S.W.3d 306 | 2015 WL 5634309 (September 24, 2015)
- Overstreet v. Kindred Nursing Centers Limited Partnership, 479 S.W.3d 69 | 2015 WL 4967188 (August 20, 2015)
- Kindred Nursing Centers Limited Partnership v. Cox, 486 S.W.3d 892 | 2015 WL 3525113 (June 05, 2015)
- Stanton Health Facilities, LP v. Fletcher, 454 S.W.3d 312 | 2015 WL 127711 (January 09, 2015)
- Extendicare, Inc. v. Sandage, Not Reported in S.W.3d | 2014 WL 3722092 (July 25, 2014)
- Kindred Nursing Centers Ltd. Partnership v. Foley-Townsend, Not Reported in S.W.3d | 2014 WL 3721199 (July 25, 2014)
- Allen v. Extendicare Homes, Inc., Not Reported in S.W.3d | 2012 WL 6553823 (December 14, 2012)