Amanda L. Tomlin focuses her practice on a variety of civil defense matters, including medical malpractice, professional liability, nursing home negligence, premises liability, employment law, as well as Multi District Litigation. She is also experienced in matters involving automotive laicity, transportation, and product liability.
Amanda has significant experience representing multiple clients in the areas of general civil litigation, employment law, professional negligence, nursing home liability, toxic tort and environmental claims, contract formation, corporate issues, property law, as well as alternative dispute resolution.
Handling hundreds of cases across Eastern Kentucky, Amanda has represented doctors, nurses, physical therapists, dentists, accountants, as well as several large commercial transportation corporations in high exposure cases.
Born in Walcott, Iowa, Amanda currently resides in Eastern Kentucky in Mount Sterling, Montgomery County.
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- In a recent case representing a large corporate defendant, Amanda received a Summary Judgment of all claims in Federal Court when Plaintiffs alleged product liability.
- Amanda secured a defense verdict in a premises liability case wherein the plaintiff alleged a broken ankle from a fall down a staircase at an apartment complex.
- Amanda obtained a favorable settlement in a medical malpractice matter where the plaintiff sought in excess of $1,000,000 for alleged surgical malpractice.