Home > Support Desktop Specialist
Support Desktop Specialist
Kopka Pinkus Dolin, a regional law firm, is seeking a service focused individual to help us continue the firm’s success and growth through IT initiatives. The Support Desktop Specialist is expected to perform responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s employees and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Handle tickets escalated from the Help Desk in a timely manner. Provide follow-up to users after initial visit. Retain ownership of own assigned tickets and update ticket logs daily.
- Provide direct technical support for computer system users in the office.
- Support and troubleshoot both computer and telecommunications-related issues: software, hardware, network devices, printers, and smartphones.
- Assist with training system users as required on all aspects of computer technology.
- Participate in application testing.
- Participate in the weekly rotation of the after-hours support.
- Maintain and improve technical skills and abilities through continuing professional education and certifications.
- Some travel is required to assist with on-site support.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least a two-year college degree or technical school diploma is preferred; however substantial experience can substitute for education.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in IT operations, preferably in a law firm environment.
- A+ Certification is required. Network+ and Security is preferable.
- Experience with Sharepoint is a plus.
- Experience with M365 is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate with attorneys and staff in an effective, non-technical manner.
- Strong technical knowledge in relevant areas.
- Demonstrated ability to train computer system users in one-on-one settings.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner.
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities.
- Proven ability to maintain and update technical knowledge and skills.
- Strong service orientation, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users, peers, office and firm management, and outside business partners.
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned.
- Commitment to professional growth and development.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Farmington Hills, MI 48334