Ron has extensive experience in complex litigation. He has substantial experience litigating constitutional issues, complex corporate disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, municipal law including public records and open meeting issues, legal malpractice, construction disputes, architects and engineers, real estate disputes, and all areas employment law.
Ron has more than 30 years of school law experience in areas of student rights and discipline, employment matters, and special education and regularly advises school districts on constitutional issues, Title IX compliance, ADA compliance, and special education matters arising under the IDEA and Section 504. Ron has handled special education matters ranging from advising on compliance to IEP meetings, due process hearings and appeals to the district courts and the courts of appeals.
Ron also has substantial experience litigating constitutional issues related to public entities including counties, villages, towns, and sheriffs’ departments. He also has litigated and advised counties on zoning issues, takings claims, § 1983 claims, mandamus actions, certiorari actions and all areas employment law. Ron’s § 1983 cases have included challenges to jail conditions, prisoner deaths and injuries, illegal search and seizure claims, First Amendment Claims, Due Process claims, Equal Protection claims and more. Ron has advised and litigated public records and open meeting issues for numerous municipalities as well as the Wisconsin State Assembly.
Ron works with clients of all sizes and industries, including many from the Fortune 500 list, community associations, state, and local governmental units, and more. Beyond trial work, Ron has substantial experience in handling appeals in the state and federal courts of appeals, as well as the United States and Wisconsin Supreme Courts.
- Bowers v. Cty. of Taylor, No. 20-cv-928-jdp, 2022 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 68959 (W.D. Wis. Apr. 14, 2022).
- Felde v. Milwaukee Cty., No. 18-CV-84, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 22099 (E.D. Wis. Feb. 5, 2021).
- Deeren v. Anderson, No. 20-cv-508-bbc, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 229744 (W.D. Wis. Dec. 1, 2021).
- Mazurek v. Metalcraft of Mayville Inc., No. 17-cv-1439-bhl, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 240196 (E.D. Wis. Dec. 16, 2021).
- N.J. v. Sonnabend, 536 F. Supp. 3d 392 (E.D. Wis. 2021).
- Kelly v. Gersonde, No. 19-cv-01118-bhl, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 128046 (E.D. Wis. July 8, 2021).
- Arms v. Milwaukee Cty., No. 18-CV-1835, 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 260983 (E.D. Wis. Sep. 21, 2020).
- Cattau et. al. v. National Ins. Services, 2019 WI 46; All-Energy V. Trempealeau County, 2017 WI 52
- Lewis v. Bay Industries, 2014 WL 4925483 (E.D. Wis 2014).
- Knisely v. National Better Living Association, Inc, 2014 WL 4084517 (N.D. W.V. 2014).
- O’Connor v. Buffalo County Bd. of Adjustment, 2014 WI App 60.
- Wiedenbeck v. Cinergy Health, Inc., No. 12-CV-508-WMC, 2013 WL 5308206 (W.D. Wis. 2013).
- Lees v. Carthage College, 714 F.3d 516 (7th Cir. 2013).
- Avery v. Manitowoc County, No. 12-C-0193, 2012 WL 5866310 (E.D. Wis. Nov. 19, 2012).
- Vincent v. Kenosha Unified School District, No. 10-C-0022, 2012 WL 4470515 (E.D. Wis. Sept. 26, 2012).
- Avery v. Calumet County, No. 12-CV-0071, 2012 WL 5331218 (E.D. Wis. Oct. 29, 2012).
- Avery v. Kratz, No. 11-CV-1093, 2012 WL 4794454 (E.D. Wis. Oct. 09, 2012).
- Martinez v. Regency Janitorial Services, Inc., No. 11-C-259, 2012 WL 252230 (E.D. Wis. Jan. 26, 2012).
- Lees v. Carthage College, No. 10-C-86, 2011 WL 3844115 (E.D. Wis. Aug. 29, 2011).
- Duncan v. Sheboygan Area School District, No. 10-C-397, 2010 WL 5060562 (E.D. Wis. Dec. 06, 2010).
- Buell v. Wauwatosa School District, No. 09-C-0217, 2010 WL 3860456 (E.D. Wis. Sept. 30, 2010).
- Disability Rights Wisconsin, Inc. v. Walworth County Board of Supervisors, 522 F.3d 796 (7th Cir. 2008).
- Ozaukee County v. Labor Ass’n of Wisconsin, 2008 WI App 174, 315 Wis. 2d 102, 763 N.W.2d 140.
- Racine County v. International Ass’n of Machinists & Aerospace Workers District 10, AFL-CIO, 2008 WI 70, 310 Wis. 2d 508, 751 N.W.2d 312.
- Compuware Corp. v. Innovatec Communications, LLC, 2005 WL