R. Tracy Starnes concentrates his practice in civil litigation defense, with experience handling litigated matters involving general liability, automobile, retail and restaurant, construction, product liability and premises liability. Tracy is a skilled litigator, and has represented clients in complex civil cases in state, federal and appellate courts. He has represented product manufacturers, general contractors and subcontractors, heavy equipment companies, retail businesses and restaurants.
Tracy also has extensive experience handling matters involving criminal defense – felony and misdemeanor – as well as domestic relations law. He has likewise provided knowledgeable assistance and representation to individuals and businesses in matters involving business and estate planning—including wills, trusts, and estates—and probate.
Whether it involves following client litigation protocols, understanding client goals and concerns, or providing counseling and guidance for clients from a litigator’s perspective, Tracy makes meeting his clients’ needs a top priority.
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management (CLM)
- Professional Liability and Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- A recent case involving a fire at a Kentucky service station that allegedly started due to defective eCigarettes. Plaintiffs brought suit against eCigarette manufacturers from multiple states. Tracy was successful in obtaining Summary Judgment in federal court in favor of his California-based client and having the case dismissed.
- Tracy recently handled a premises liability case involving a faulty handrail at an apartment complex. The plaintiff suffered catastrophic bilateral shoulder injuries with claimed damages in excess of $2,500,000. Although the excess carrier was concerned about high exposure and/or exhaustion of the available limits, Tracy secured a settlement resolution for less than half of the available underlying limits.