Gene A. Pinkus specializes in representing insurance carriers in first party fraud litigation defense, as well as, consumer fraud. He has conducted thousands of examinations under oath in fire, homeowners and auto cases for many of the top insurers in the nation. He is also involved in complex business fraud investigations.
His trial experience includes the defense of first party fraud litigation, consumer fraud involving auto dealerships, product liability, premises liability, construction litigation, civil rights litigation, employment discrimination, auto and premises defense cases, professional contract disputes and resolution, real estate E&O and agency matters, and general business matters. Additionally, Gene has been selected by insurers to serve on arbitration panels. Early in his career, Gene specialized in workers’ compensation and handled complex cases for many carriers and self-insured companies.
Gene is actively involved in the management of the firm, as well as overseeing many clients in all four states: Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Michigan. He is involved with clients in litigation management issues including alternative billing arrangements. Gene is a frequent speaker on the topics of bad faith and first party claims at the Annual NSPII Advanced Insurance Fraud Seminar as well as other national conferences relating to insurance fraud.
Active in the Northern Indiana legal and business community, Gene has been recognized in the Indiana Lawyer for his ability to guide the firm through a tough economy. He has also been recognized in the “Who’s Who in Northern Indiana” section of Building Indiana magazine (2009 & 2010) as an individual who contributes to the continued growth of businesses and communities in the area. Gene has coached basketball, soccer and baseball in Northwest Indiana for many years. He has also done pro bono work for Munster soccer, baseball and football clubs.
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance-Insurance Bad Faith Committee – Regional Chair for Region 7 (IN, IL & WI)
- RIMS (The Risk Management Society)
- National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators (Past President – Indiana Chapter)
- NFPA (National Fire Protection Association)
- IASIU (International Association of Special Investigation Units)
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association