Kelly Kamstra joined the workers’ compensation team of attorneys at Kopka Pinkus Dolin in 2022. Kelly has spent her legal career representing employers, insurers, and third-party administrators in all aspects of workers’ compensation claims in Illinois. She has successfully tried more than 30 cases before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission and Circuit Court.
Kelly prides herself on creating a collaborative environment to counsel self-insureds, insurance carriers, and employers to achieve a successful outcome in each case. Prior to joining Kopka Pinkus Dolin, she handled complex workers’ compensation claims at a prominent Chicago defense firm.
She presents to clients and organizations throughout the state on emerging topics in claim handling including psychological injuries, injuries involving work from home employees and the aging workforce.
Kelly grew up in a suburb of Tacoma, WA and attended Gonzaga University where she earned a B.A. in Applied Communications. She then attended DePaul University College of Law where she earned a certificate in criminal law, and was active with Phi Alpha Delta, Legal Fraternity.
In her spare time, Kelly enjoys watching her Gonzaga Bulldogs, seeing live music, and spending time with friends and family.
- Recognized as a “Emerging Lawyer” by Leading Lawyers Magazine, 2022
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2022
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer’s Association,
- Claims Association of Greater Chicago
- “Psychological Injury Claims: Unpacking Strategies for Success,” March 2021
- “Claims from Employees Working from Home,” October 2020
- “The Aging Workforce” presentation for the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, July 2020
- “Payment of Permanent Partial Disability Beneﬁts: Weekly Accrual or Lump Sum?”
- Karen Suknovich v. Child Link, Inc.
- Gabriel Smith v. Barry’s Bootcamp
- Natalie Penny v. Paccar Financial, 12 WC 26452