Jonathan E. Sacks represents clients in a variety of labor and employment law issues, including wage and hour, non-competition agreements and restrictive covenants, unemployment compensation, hiring and firing, sexual harassment, and conducting internal investigations. His experience includes counseling and defending alleged violations of the FLSA, FMLA, ADA, Title VII, and other discrimination issues. He frequently represents both private and public sector employers in federal and state court, as well as in administrative proceedings.
In addition to handling labor and employment matters, Jonathan has experience handling community association law, product liability claims, professional liability including legal malpractice and architects and engineers. Jon has an extensive municipal law practice where he represents counties, cities, public school districts, and other public entities on various issues, including employment, constitutional law, contracts, land use and zoning, and police practice matters. He also assists school districts with every aspect of education law including special education and discrimination, Title IX compliance, discipline matters, and student gender issues.
Jonathan helps clients take proactive measures to avoid liability and the interruption of business, including developing policies, providing training to management and employees, assisting in preparing employee handbooks, and drafting restrictive covenants related to confidentiality, non-competition, and non-solicitation.
Prior to joining KPD, Jonathan practiced in the Milwaukee and Greater Philadelphia areas and gained invaluable insight working as a law clerk for the Honorable Allen J. Littlefield, N.J. Superior Court – Civil Division.
- Super Lawyers®, “Rising Stars” (2019) (2021)
- Wisconsin Law Journal, Up and Coming Lawyers (2019)
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Washington County Bar Association
- “Best Practices for Investigating Sexual Harassment and Other Misconduct” Corporation Counsel/Defense Counsel Forum, WI Co. Mutual Insurance Corp. (September 2022)
- “Navigating Employment Discrimination Claims & the Wisconsin DWD Equal Rights Division 2021” State Bar of Wisconsin CLE Seminars (June, 2021)
- “Arrest and Conviction Record Discrimination” Wisconsin Association for Legal Professionals Annual Meeting (September 2020)
- “Conducting Effective Employment Investigations,” Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation Liability Seminar (Stevens Point, WI, July 2019)
- “School Law Expert Panel: How to Handle Your Biggest Challenge,” National Business Institute (Milwaukee, WI, November 2018)
- “Corporation Counsel/Defense Counsel Forum,” Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation (Stevens Point, WI, October 2016)
- “Beware Landmines: Ethical Considerations in Defending Employment Cases,” Wisconsin Civil Trial Journal, (Summer 2017) [Co-Author]
- “An Analysis of the Legality of Conversion Therapy,” Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion (2011), [Author]
- Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Employees – What employers need to know
- President Biden Issues Executive Order on Non-Competition Agreements – No Immediate Changes on the Horizon
- President Biden announces COVID-19 Mandate for Federal Employees and Large Employers
- President Biden to Issue Executive Order Restricting Non-Competition Agreements – What Wisconsin Employers Should Know