Jonathan E. Sacks represents clients in a wide variety of labor and employment law issues, including wage and hour, non-competition agreements and restrictive covenants, unemployment compensation, hiring and firing, sexual harassment, and conducting internal investigations. His experience includes counseling and defending alleged violations of the FLSA, FMLA, ADA, Title VII, and other discrimination issues. He frequently represents private and public sector employers in federal and state court and in administrative proceedings.
Jonathan helps clients take proactive measures to avoid liability and the interruption of business, including developing policies, providing training to management and employees, assisting in preparing employee handbooks, and drafting restrictive covenants related to confidentiality, non-competition, and non-solicitation.
In addition to handling labor and employment matters, Jonathan has experience handling legal malpractice, architects and engineers, and has an extensive municipal law practice where he represents counties and other public entities on various issues, including employment, constitutional law, contracts, land use and zoning, and police practice matters. He also assists school districts with every aspect of education law.
Prior to joining Kopka Pinkus Dolin, Jonathan practiced in both the Milwaukee and Greater Philadelphia areas. He also gained invaluable insight through work as a law clerk for the Honorable Allen J. Littlefield, N.J. Superior Court – Civil Division.
- Super Lawyers®, “Rising Stars” (2019) (2021)
- Wisconsin Law Journal, Up and Coming Lawyers (2019)
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Washington County Bar Association
- “Navigating Employment Discrimination Claims & the Wisconsin DWD Equal Rights Division 2021” State Bar of Wisconsin CLE Seminars (June, 2021)
- “Arrest and Conviction Record Discrimination” Wisconsin Association for Legal Professionals Annual Meeting (September 2020)
- “Conducting Effective Employment Investigations,” Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation Liability Seminar (Stevens Point, WI, July 2019)
- “School Law Expert Panel: How to Handle Your Biggest Challenge,” National Business Institute (Milwaukee, WI, November 2018)
- “Corporation Counsel/Defense Counsel Forum,” Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation (Stevens Point, WI, October 2016)
- “Beware Landmines: Ethical Considerations in Defending Employment Cases,” Wisconsin Civil Trial Journal, (Summer 2017) [Co-Author]
- “An Analysis of the Legality of Conversion Therapy,” Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion (2011), [Author]