Jennifer M. Carpenter focuses her practice in the areas of personal injury litigation including premises liability, auto accidents, wrongful death, and construction site accidents, as well as product liability, transportation law, professional liability, real property, insurance law, and medical malpractice defense. She represents individual and corporate clients in investigatory matters and litigation in both federal and state court.
Jennifer is knowledgeable and experienced in managing cases from inception to resolution, both inside and outside the courtroom. She has a proven track record of successfully obtaining Summary Judgment and Motions to Dismiss on behalf of her clients. Additionally, Jennifer has extensive knowledge in managing fatality/bodily injury cases involving motor carriers, brokers, and shippers at all stages, including site inspections after the incident through trial. She also has experience with transportation related contractual disputes, cargo issues, and various transportation related matters.
Prior to joining Kopka Pinkus Dolin, Jennifer was an associate at Chicago law firm, and at the Indiana office of an Illinois based law firm before that, where she defended businesses, individuals, hospitals, and medical providers at all stages of complex civil litigation.
Jennifer graduated magna cum laude from Valparaiso University School of law. Additionally, she previously served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Jon E. DeGuilio of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana and the Honorable Christopher A. Nuechterlein of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana.
In her spare time, Ms. Carpenter enjoys intentional travel, long distance running, wine tasting, and spending time with family.
- Honor Roll, United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2019-2020
- Completed the most pro bono hours in the Valparaiso University School of Law history-completing over 425 hours over a two-year span, Valparaiso University School of Law Pro Bono Notion
- Lake County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Defense research Institute (DRI)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI)
- ALFA International 2019 Transportation Compendium.
- ALFA International 2020 Transportation Compendium.
- “To Vaccinate or Not to Vaccinate: Indiana Parental Tort Liability for Parents Choosing Not to Vaccinate Their Children.”
- Family Dollar Stores of Ind. v. Chalet, No. 1:19 CV 00045, 2020 U.S.Dist. LEXIS 20309 (N.D. Ind. Feb. 3, 2020).
- Ramos v. Cmi Transp., 3:18-cv-968 DRL-MGG, 2020 U.S. Dist.LEXIS 70810 (N.D. Ind. Apr. 22, 2020).
- Ramos v. CMI Transp., LLC, No. 3:18-CV-968 JD, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 120332 (N.D. Ind. July 19, 2019).