RANA D. RAZZAQUE
Farmington Hills, MI
Rana D. Razzaque concentrates her practice on the defense of liability lawsuits on behalf of insurance companies, self-insured corporations and businesses in a wide variety of civil litigation, including Michigan No-Fault, both first and third party. She is an experienced litigator, and has represented clients in complex cases in state, federal and appellate courts.
Rana has a great deal of experience representing a variety of clients in real estate matters, handling cases involving real estate title curative actions, mobile and modular home title issues, evictions and foreclosures, mortgage default servicing, condominium law, as well as easement and riparian rights. She is also a valuable asset to her clients when it comes to evaluating financial conditions associated with complex bankruptcy laws.
Rana was named Rising Star by Super Lawyers three years in a row, from 2012-2014. She was also named 2014 Top Women Lawyers by Super Lawyers. Rana is a fervent advocate for the organizations and individuals she represents, and is dedicated to making their interests her number one priority. She takes a team approach to litigation matters, ensuring that her clients are fully engaged throughout the process.
Rana obtained numerous favorable decisions, which were published in the State of Michigan appellate courts, federal courts, and federal appellate courts.
- Franklyn v Fannie Mae, 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 718 (Jan. 6, 2015)
- Leduc v Bank of N.Y. Mellon Trust Co., N.A., 2015 Mich App. LEXIS 2433, No. 322974 (Dec. 22, 2015)
- Farrell v US Bank, N.A., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 75578 (May 14, 2014)
- Brisson v Fed. Home Loan Mortg. Corp., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 164544 (Aug 21, 2013)
- Cadez v Residential Credit Solutions, Inc., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 71601 (May 21, 2013)
- Cloos v One West Bank, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 63472 (May 3, 2013)
- Jackson v Fannie Mae, 2012 Mich. App. LEXIS 304, No. 301307 (Feb. 21, 2012)
- Montgomery v Freddie Mac, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 173240 (Aug 31, 2012)
- Montgomery v CitiMortgage, Inc., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 172211 (Dec. 5, 2012)
- Payton v Trott & Trott, P.C., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 155846 (June 28, 2011)
- Knox v Trott & Trott, P.C., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 43311 (April 21, 2011)
- Golliday v Chase Home Fin., LLC, 761 F. Supp. 2d 629 (Dec. 2, 2010)
- Bakabas v JP Morgan Chase Bank, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 58273 (July 9, 2009)
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
Motion to Strike published in the Michigan Rules of Court: Key Rules Volume IIA-Federal 2013
Michigan State University, College of Law, J.D.
McDaniel College, Westminster, MD, B.A. cum laude