LYNN M. COMBS
Buffalo Grove, IL
Lynn M. Combs has established a successful career defending self-insured employers, third-party administrators, and insurance carriers in workers’ compensation through the appellate level in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. She is a frequent speaker throughout the country for various companies and organizations concerning workers’ compensation practice issues and workplace safety practices. Lynn possesses a unique knowledge of risk management strategies, and is often asked to educate her clients by speaking at seminars, conferences, and round table presentations.
Lynn has extensive experience handling workers’ compensation and subrogation involving transportation and trucking cases, employment law, discrimination, health care, and employer liability for third-party sexual harassment.
Lynn takes a proactive approach to file handling, and focuses on obtaining the best possible result for her client. Her attentiveness to her clients’ needs is second to none, and she seeks favorable resolutions using a cost-effective strategy.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS AND PUBLICATIONS
- “Illinois Medical Marijuana and Vocational Placement,” International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals (September 2017)
- “Recent IWCC Cases: Where Has the Pendulum Been Swinging,” The Claims Association of Greater Chicago (September 2017)
- “Illinois Medical Marijuana,” Illinois Workers’ Compensation (March 2016)
- “Interplay of Workers’ Compensation, FMLA and ADA,” (June 2013)
- “Nuts & Bolts of Investigation and Management of Claims: How to Build Your Case Before It Needs to be Defended,” Illinois Workers’ Compensation Forum (March 2013)
- “Amendments One Year Later” Trade Organization (August 2012)
- “Recent Amendments to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act,” Trade Organization (August 2011)
- “Subrogation and Illinois Workers’ Compensation Lien Recovery,” (March 2011)
- “Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act: A-Z,” Council on Management (March 2010)
- “Legal Strategy in Physician Depositions,” Trade Organization (March 2010)
- “Defense Tools in Workers’ Compensation,” Trade Organization (April 2009)
- “Amended ADA Act and Implications for Illinois Workers’ Compensation Claims,” Trade Organization (April 2009)
- “Medical Issues in Workers’ Compensation,” Occupational Nurses Association (March 2009)
- “Advanced Issues in Workers’ Compensation,” National Business Council (March 2009)
- “Overlap Between ADA, FMLA and Workers’ Compensation,” Lorman Educational Services (March 2009)
- Investigating and Defending Fraudulent Claims,” Council on Management (March 2009)
- “Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act and Retaliatory Discharge,” Council on Management (March 2009)
- “Acceptable Defenses,” Council on Education in Management (July 2004)
- Co-Author: “Recent Developments in Employment Law,” 37 Tort & Insurance Law Journal 391 (2002)
Illinois State Bar Association
State Bar of Wisconsin
U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (including Trial Bar)
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A.